Products and Markets
Products and Markets
What is the Best Plastic Folding Tables: Blow Mold or ABS
What is the Best Plastic Folding Tables: Blow Mold or ABS?
Are trying to find the best tables for your church socials. Or maybe you do outreach for a local nonprofit. Whatever the reason, you’re on the hunt for the best plastic folding table & you’re stuck between blow molded tables & ABS tables. We know a little something about that, so let’s talk plastics.
What Is Blow Mold vs ABS?
Blow molding is a way of shaping plastic where hot plastic is placed into a mold & injected with pressurized air, making the plastic form to the different pieces of the mold (see the process in action with a plastic bottle). Blow molded tables are made with high-density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic, & are a single hollow piece.
When talking tables, ABS is the type of plastic used (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene), but it’s also shorthand for the kind of table. An ABS table uses ABS plastic heat-formed over the top of a wood or honeycomb frame, with a strong outside edge.
So Which One Is Better?
I wish we could tell you the one plastic folding table to rule them all, but in real life, it all depends on how you’re going to use it. Let’s talk the benefits of each.
Blow Molded Tables
- Hollow core makes them lightweight & easy for anyone to move, set up & take down.
- Best for indoor/outdoor use like BBQs, tailgates & outdoor reception.
- Lower price point for budget shoppers.
- Some tables are available in fold-in-half styles for easier portability & storage.
- Solid table body means no chipping or peeling surface or corners.
- Longer lasting & more durable, so it holds up better in heavy use situations. This also means ABS tables usually have longer warranties.
- Higher weight capacity. The reinforced frame & core of ABS tables protects against bending, even under heavy loads.
- Harder plastic top resists scratching & heat.
- Slightly heavier than blow molded tables, but still light enough to move easily.
So Which Plastic Folding Table Is the Best?
Both are great options depending on the situation. Just need a little extra room for family dinners around the holiday? A couple fold-in-half blow molded tables should do the trick. Looking to equip your new events center? ABS tables will last longer & give you a better return in the long run.
Simply think about how you will probably use your folding tables, look at the pros & cons, & go from there!